ELDOA™ is a revolutionary technique created by renowned French Osteopath, Guy VOYER, DO.
ELDOA™ is a French acronym which means: Etirements Longitudinaux avec Decoaptation OsteoArticulaire. The english translation is Longitudinal Osteo-Articular Decoaptation of the Spine.
Dr Voyer first created ELDOA™ to address the back pain epidemic. What he also discovered was that patients were experiencing improved visceral function as well as a greater sense of wellbeing.
ELDOA™ are postural exercises designed to create space between a chosen articulation. There is a specific ELDOA™ for every level in the spine as well as ELDOA’s for the pelvis, sacrum, shoulders, sternum and ribcage and skull. Seeing as we are all subject to gravity and it’s effects, this is a wonderful practice to learn. For instance, if you’re suffering from a disc compression at L5-S1, there is a specific posture that addresses that level in the spine. If you did this specific ELDOA™ every day for 1 minute per day over time and with continued practice you would see the results of improved function at that level. The way this is achieved is by creating fascial tension to fix the vertebra below and contraction in extreme range to normalize the vertebra above the targeted disc.
Some of the specific benefits of ELDOA™ are:
- Heal Chronic and Acute Back Pain
- Relief of Neck and Shoulder Tension
- Normalize Disc Bulges and Herniations
- Delayed Disc Degeneration
- Reduce the effects of Scoliosis, Stenosis, Spondylolisthesis, Arthritis and other conditions
- Increased Flexibility
- Improved Muscle Tone
- Improved Visceral Function
- Reduce Forward Head Posture
- Find Relief from Referred Pain in Legs and Arms, Tingling in Hands and Feet
- Increased Blood Flow
- Improve Recovery Time from Training and Sports
- Prevent Future Injuries
- Improve Posture and Strengthen Your Spine
- Improved Sense of Well Being and Overall Body Awareness